Episode 22: Career Questions to Ask with Remote Roles & Hybrid Jobs
The pandemic changed a lot of things—including the ways we work. There are a plethora of articles, podcasts, and information on hybrid vs. remote vs. in-person work models, and as we’re closing out this year and moving into a new one, I thought it’d be the perfect time to dive into these options. In this week’s episode, I’m going to share some of the very specific career questions you should be asking yourself before you decide where and how you’re going to be working.
You really need to be cognizant of the professional landscape and how you’re going to make your career goals a reality. You may miss being back in the office or you may prefer working at home—either way, you’re not alone.
Working remote or hybrid is top of mind for employees, but does not come without questions. In this week’s episode of Career Strategies for Women That Work, I’m tackling these questions. In fact, you’re going to learn:
- The questions you need to be asking yourself to determine which work model is best for you
- The questions employers should be asking themselves to help employees succeed in their chosen work model
- How employers and employees should be working together to create a successful experience
There are tons of opportunities to explore and this episode will hopefully give you the tools to succeed however you choose to work.
Tune in next time and make sure you connect with me on Instagram – @JJDigeronimo, and share what you’ve learned from this episode and which work model you prefer!
Articles + Resources
- CHG Healthcare Survey
- Harvard Business School Survey
- 5 crucial questions to ask yourself before choosing a remote job, The Ladders by Anouare Abdou
- 6 Things to Consider Before You Pick a Remote, In-Office, or Hybrid Work Setup, The Muse By Anisa Purbasari Horton
- Why in-person workers may be more likely to get promoted, BBC by By Kate Morgan
- Episode 4: 5 Things You Need to Know to Get Promoted Beyond Good Work (includes worksheet)
- Episode 6: Strategically Sharing Your Accomplishments (includes worksheet)
- Episode 8: Why Women Need Mentors & Sponsors at Work (includes worksheet)
- Episode 16: Are You Working On Your Career? Or Only In Your Career? (includes worksheet)